Saturday, July 3, 2010

A Beautiful Mind

Did I ever tell you I was born in France.  Well I was.  My father was in the army and our family was stationed there for several years.  We lived in a small village named Virty le Francois, Marne  where I we lived when I was born. My family also lived in the village of  Ste. Amand-sur-Fion, Marne.  I was amazed when having a conversation with my oldest brother that did he not only remember the name of the village but the actual house number and street name. AMAZING what a beautiful mind. Keep in mind that I am now 50 years.  It just blows my mind that ones memory can be so acute as to retain such information for such an extended period of time.
I, have of course no memories of living there.  Only snap shots from a time long gone by accompanied by the stories told and retold about people places and sights.  I have had in the past few months a seemingly burning desire and need to revisit my birth place.  I find myself shamed (those regrets I so often speak about) for not taking a trip there with my son TJ so many years ago when we had the a more opportune time to do so.  The reason I say TJ is he always has loved France.  He looks most like my side of the family, my mothers side, the Constantine's, to be exact.  They are from the Bordeaux region of France ( in the north) while the Rozier's are from the south region. 

As most of you know I always got o Scotland, my love, my Alba.  My fraternal grandmother's ( Mckinnon)people are from a place called Elgol on the isle of Skye.  My maternal grandmother"s people (McChesney) are from County Cork Ireland.

So that makes a half French half Scotch/Irish-- translated   as I always like to say "That makes me a romantic drunk"!

our minds are beautiful our souls exquisite

-Love bye

No comments: