Friday, July 23, 2010

Remembering when




Our Angela turned 17 the other day.
I was contemplating the day she was born
I remember the night better. 
There were 13 babies born that time and it seemed
there might not be room in the Inn for anymore. 
I was in the room just next to the
nurses station and across from the nursery. 
I could hear the nurses concern about not having
anymore room. 
The fact that mothers were being put in regular rooms on different floors and the worst
fact that there was no more bassinets to place these sweet angels from heaven. 
As I heard their concerns
I thought since I was awake I might as well get my sweet baby. 
Keep in mind that I was across from the
nursery and could hear all the babies. 
I got up open the door walked across the hall and cast my eyes on
a sea of crying babies.
 An ocean of pink and blue bundles wriggling and crying. 
All but one angel who was smack dab in the middle of the rolling ocean of babies. 
There in her sweet little pink blanket was my Angela---
Sound asleep with her wee hands tucked up under her angelic face.
 I stood there and had to chuckle to myself at the sight I was beholding. 
I asked the nurse if I could have her. 
Her reply was simply this-"Mrs. Ross, she's the only one NOT crying!"
I just gave her a gentle look and she brought Angela to me. 
I placed her on my chest and held her the rest of the night. 
She never did wake up until after 6 am.

 So happy birthday to those other 12 bundles from heaven born during that time.  I hope you have been as much a blessing and joy to your mothers as sweet Angela has been to me.

HAPPY BIRTHDAY PUMPKINSEED

-love bye

No comments: