Monday, July 19, 2010

A visit

One of the best moments in a mom's life is when her "grown up" children (who have left the nest) come home to visit.  I had such a visit the other day from my Austie.  I love to see him interact with his younger two siblings.  Remembering that as the "middle child" he really does have the best seat in the house.  Although neither of my "middle children" think so.  But I say they do.  They have such freedom.  They sit in a wealthy advantage point. Think about it for a second, then you will agree.

But on to my visit.  I think if I had to say one thing that is my favorite about Austie it would have to be his smile.  I mean this kid has the best smile and laugh EVER!  He always has. And funny -SMACK_SNAPFISH_ he is HILARIOUS. It is always so unexpected too for people who don't know him.  He looks intimidating actually because he is so tall and of large stature.  He reminds me of a giant.  I cannot tell you the times  someone will say something to the affect how funny and sharp witted Austin is and how it surprised them.  How much he made them laugh.  He has that one two punch of comedy like his two sisters.  You those comedians on Who's line is it anyway"? You wonder how do they think those things straight off the top of their heads and wonder if its not really rehearsed.  Well I have three children like that and I can assure you it is not rehearsed.  It is a gift.

I love this man... I cannot call him a boy anymore because he is not.  He is a wonderful man... and I am a lucky mommy.. One of the safest places I feel is when he wraps his arms around me an holds me.  I am safe....  I am happy.....

-love bye

No comments: