Sunday, July 25, 2010

The importance of being Theodore

My older brother is named Theodore, I also have a nephew named for him.
One of the fondest memories I have of my brother Ted is when I was I was about 10
We were in the dining room of our house in New Jersey. 
The song My Cherie Amour by Stevie Wondercame on.
 Ted put me on a chair and we DANCED.
 My brothers are very tall, over 6 feet tall
so you can imagine to a girl of about 10 years old how fanciful it must have been. 
I felt like a princess!
 To this day when ever that song comes on the radio I am transported to that moment in time ( yes another one of those snowglobe moments I am so fond of).  I know that Ted is the same.  I had that moment a few minutes ago when that song came on.  I stopped, was totally still and for a few moments I was safe, a little girl twurling and dancing with her big brother. Thank you Stevie Wonder for giving my brother and I a ~wonder~ to cherish all our lives.
To you my dearest brother- I will always be your petite sœur (little sister) and you will always be my Theodore amour.     So in your own famous words your neices and nephews reflect so fondly upon --
"Put it in your diddy bag and STOW IT!!"
~~ Love Bye



No comments: