Friday, July 16, 2010

my baby

I woke up the other morning
and you lay near me all cuddled in a blanket
looking very much like you did when you were little
I smiled as I watched you sleep
my mind drifted to those moments in time
that I love so much
the ones that I wish I could capture in a
snow globe and place it on a shelf

you have grown so much
you,who are not so much a boy anymore
you who is growing too fast for me
STOP I want to shout out loud
STOP I SAY! THIS VERY INSTANT
where is my "curly Sue" where is my
Harold B Lee? where has my little man gone
once you bent your head very far back to look
up at me and smile
Now I look you eye to eye, nose to nose
My sweet Harold
you are so amazing to me
so smart and loving
so caring and thoughtful about others
I miss you when you are not around
I miss your laugh, I miss the way you
still love to snuggle bunny with your mommy
I love the way you hold my hand when we are driving around
I hope you never loose that son
I am so lucky to have you be my baby
you will always be my baby.... no matter how
grown up you ever get....
I love you Harold

-love bye

No comments: