Friday, July 23, 2010

La Maison d'Oui

My dear sweet sister, whom I miss so very much, is no longer here on earth.  She resides in heaven now.  Of that I am sure of.  Her life was filled with much pain and sorry and I dare say a great amount of regret.  Choices that were made in life that at first seemed for the good but turned out not to be, for her.
  But when you look back on the really important aspects of what you gained from those choices -sometimes- more than likely- you will find there lies some of the best things life can offer. 
For my sister those wonderful things in life that came from her darkened past is her legacy.  A legacy richly flavored by three men-men who once were children- who are now amazing men-and their sons.
I call this picture "All the Queen's Horsemen" A title I thought befitting.  This picture is beautiful in more ways than any of you could ever imagine.  Three brothers and their sons-my sister would be so proud of how her sons followed a great path-a better path than I dare say she could have ever dreamt for them.  They are inspirations to me! 
It made me think about life and what is really important.  I realize the truth in the saying by John Alliston "“The only thing you take with you when you're gone is what you leave behind.”  No truer statement is there.  What we leave behind is our legacy, our children our family.

So dear sweet Nola, my beloved sister- for all your sorrows, for all your trials, for all the joys you had...... you truly have left behind the --- la maison d'Oui

la maison d'Oui (the house of yes)

eternally your sister

Adieu amour    ( ~love bye)

No comments: