Tuesday, June 1, 2010

My Lindsay

I had the most wonderful thing happen today.  I sent my usual morning "have a great day-I love you" texts to my children as I do each and every morning. As usual I joyfully received texts back from them all relaying the same and their own sweet messages to brighten my day.  Today Lindsay's ( my beautiful daughter in law and mommy to our Kirtlynn Ivy)  message made my heart sore among eagles... she called me mom.  Perhaps to some this is oddly amazing to me... but for me... it made the sun glisten through the clouds a little more brightly.  I began to ponder and reflected that I couldn't recall her ever calling me anything really. Not mom, TJ's mom, Laura etc.. we have always justed talked and expressed our love for one another. She has always  expressed her love for me as I do her.... but today she gave me a gift.... a simple gift... that to no one else it will mean anything---but to me--I just received a treasure-- funny how the simplest things can truly make you happy into the depths of your soul---how one simple word like "mom " can mean so very much--Lindsay is the joy in my son's life and for that she will always be a goddess to me. From the moment I met her I knew that she was a gentle soul.  When she walks in a room her smile brightens the darkest corners.  She has a quiet strength--and I have never heard her utter a single word against anyone. I love her with all my being and have from the moment she came into our lives.  Together she and my darling TJ will raise amazing children to be righteous and strong and true to who they are. 
When I grown up ------- I want to be just like Lindsay.

-Love Bye

No comments: