Friday, June 4, 2010

Cead Mile Failte

    Cead Mile Failte-- translated from Gaelic means a hundred thousand welcomes:

 I am very excited.. I have joy... I love having joy... joy and happiness make life worth living...
I have plans to visit Scotland my homeland (as far as I am concerned).  My girlfriends and I are going this March.  I am busy making the itinerary.  The memories are flooding in like the gentle splashes of the waves on the beach front... the smell of the sea air.. the sounds of the gulls... there is nothing like the smell of Scotland on the islands... the air is misty and within the mist savors all the smells that I love... the sounds that abound you...your eyes are treated to beauty every blink you take... the hues of colors are deep and rich.. I often think it is because it rains so much... I think that is why I like the rain so much... I Love this place... I am truly at peace when I am there... it is like the feeling of safety and comfort you receive when your mommy holds you in her arms...  because it makes colors so rich and vibrant....
 Failte what a lovely word....

The picture above is of Ole Man Storr on the Isle of Skye  a must walk... and for those who are Harry Potter fans much of the out side scenes were filmed on Skye.... and you can see why....

"The rhythm of my heart is beating like a drum with the words I love you rollin off my tongue
never will I roam for I know my place is home
Where the ocean meets the sky I'll be sailin" -Runrig song (most of you know it from Rod Stewart singing it)

-Love Bye

No comments: