Sunday, May 30, 2010

Mini Vaca

I am on a well needed and well deserved mini vaca to northern Arkansas.  A gorgeous trip back in time place called Eureka Springs.  The weather could not be more well behaved.  I am enjoying the sounds of nothing, especially in my mind.  My senses are filled with the architecture of an area I wish I could time travel back to.  I have been here before once years ago.  I feel refreshed and time alone is a wonderful thing that everyone should experience. 
I have gone into every shop on main street.  Every antique store I could find.  If the world could be such as this lovely village, life would be calming.  Something about the Victorian era that just makes you feel like your life slows to a crawl.  The attention to detail on these homes is just breath taking. 
I was blessed to grow up in a turn of the century home in Gibbsboro, New Jersey.  Three stories and twenty rooms of shear hide and go seek heaven for any child!!  I remember returning home from my summers spent in Brooklyn, New York with my sister Nola, and the first thing I would do was run around my house taking in every spectacle my eye would engulf.  I had to be sure that nothing had changed  a smidgen while I was away.  Being here reminds me of being a child again. That wonderful innocence of youthful play on long summer nights fetching fireflies and playing games with my friends.  Those days when it never seemed to get dark.
The innocence of that time.  Lady and the Tramp (Jim Dear and Darling), Meet me in St. Louis this is when life was so grand so simple.  I cannot believe I forgot my camera... I must get a disposable one.
(NOTE TO SELF DISPOSABLE DON'T TAKE GOOD FAR AWAY SHOTS!!!)
-Love Bye

No comments: